Sample the Allbreed experience!
Our Experience Day for the pet owner and novice. In a busy salon environment you will participate in bathing and drying a dog under strict supervision, after which we will demonstrate a basic trim. You will learn new techniques and tips both in handling and grooming; for the pet owner who has brought their own dog (at an extra charge price depending on breed you have), you will be taught how to groom your pet to a high standard and be able to trim your breed under supervision (scissoring will only be demonstrated). For those considering a career in dog grooming, the day also provides you with the opportunity to discuss your goals and plan your career path with the experts.
Groomers considering working toward higher qualifications, we offer the assessment day as an opportunity to ascertain your ability level prior to deciding which City and Guilds Level to apply for, if that is your chosen path. Tips will be given and the required assessment and portfolio will be discussed. A truly valuable experience for novices and groomers alike, the opportunity to spend a day working alongside an LCGI qualified groomer with over 30 years experience.
All grooming equipment will be provided for the day, course time 9.30 arrival for a 10am start till approximately 4pm.
- Lift and restrain your pet correctly.
- The correct equipment for grooming your breed.
- Brush out and de-matt dfferent varieties of coat types.
- How to clean inside dogs ears and how to cut their nails.
- Handouts will be given together with photos of your day.
- The correct drying/bathing procedure for your dog .
- For students not bringing there own dog you will be given other salon dogs.
If you are interested in this course and wish to book yourself for a placement with Allbreed, contact us on 01384 483617 and we can arrange a date for you to attend.
The current fee for this training course, including VAT is: